Unit 4 Capstone: Applied project in organisational capability
This unit is designed to consolidate learning from Units 1, 2 and 3 of the AHRI Practising Certification Program. It focuses on the demonstration and application of the AHRI Model of Excellence competencies and leadership behaviours that effective HR professionals require to:
- Apply HR leadership and insight to solve real business problems through HR strategy;
- Foster a productive and sustainable workplace culture; and
- Drive organisational objectives.
By completing this study unit, you will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Apply HR skills, knowledge, practices and behaviours in the context of the organisation;
- Deliver a HR strategy / initiative within an organisational setting that enhances organisational capability; and
- Reflect and evaluate on current capability and identify future professional development needs.
Note: Participants must successfully complete Units 1, 2 and 3 in order to undertake the final capstone unit.
In Unit 4 you will plan and complete a work-based project in which you will implement an organisational capability initiative that solves real business problems. For participants who are employed during their studies, their workplace environment will be the setting in which their learning and HR competencies are applied and reflected upon.
This unit of study requires approximately 128 hours study time (including assessment), including 80 hours of self-directed on-the-job project work (approx. three hours per week, across two trimesters total of 30 weeks).